|What are the key issues in your DSPL area, and where is the evidence to support this?||What do you want to achieve?||What will you do, and what resources will you use to achieve this?|
|Long Term strategic planning, such as reshaping services, enhancing provision and filling gaps|
|Unmet needs for pupils with speech and language difficulties (Survey Monkey feedback, ENF applications).||• Increase capacity of services for children with S&L needs and enable them to have their needs met
• Actively engage and access specialist provision already within DSPL2
• Early identification intervention locally
• Support for families
• Settings have increased knowledge/skills and capacity to provide high quality provision.
|• Create shared CPD approach for settings to share good practice using the strategic funding to enhance expertise across DSPL2.
• Speech & Language bases, The Giles and Round Diamond to develop outreach provision.
• Continue to offer Elklan training to DSPL 2 schools and Early Years settings – £150 per person (DSPL has funded).
• WELCOM resources and the training offered to Early Years settings – £1000 per training session, £2000 per year.
|Short Term projects/ local initiatives, such as training, communication and support for parents|
|• Offer network group meetings for ELKLAN Champions.
• WELLCOMM screening rolled out to more settings.
• Provide CPD opportunities for all settings to have an Elklan trained member of staff
• Explore role of S&L bases and outreach that could be provided for schools.
|• DSPL 2 stakeholders are aware of support offered by bases.
• Champions share impact, challenges and resulting good practice with each other and settings.
• Early identification and support in settings to develop S&L skills.
• Parents feel supported and informed in how to support their child.
• Increased skills and confidence of staff and parents with the range of services provided to support speech and language development.
• Some DSPL 2 schools are accreditated as Communication Friendly schools.
|• Purchase further WELLCOMM resources for EY settings – £300 each. Wellcomm training for Early years settings – £500 per training session, 1 year year.
• DSPL 2 pay for ELKLAN training – £6000 per year both for EY and Primary.
• Consider funding for Communication Friendly accreditation for schools.